Although we didn’t make a lot of noise about it, PeKu Publications turned six last Tuesday. I didn’t write about it last for two reasons. One, I wanted to pay tribute to the two long-term writers that have moved on to other adventures. Two, it was still June, and I wanted to wait for July to arrive before discussing our birthday.
So, here we are six years after I changed careers and built this ever-growing business. Over the past year we have seen changes, as always. A few highlights from the past 365 days:
- We now publish three video articles each month. While that is a small number, it is three more than we published last year. We are regularly producing original content in a format besides written articles, which feels great.
- We have a marketing coordinator on the team. For the past six years, either an intern or I have worked on the marketing of PeKu. It is fabulous to have a team member who focuses on growing the PeKu brand. I am able to devote more time to other projects, and our marketing itself is given the attention it deserves.
- We’ve added more social media components. Now that we have a marketing coordinator, we’ve begun to focus on both the individual publications and sections of PeKu. Rather than trying a one size fits all approach, we are reaching out to specific target audiences.
- All of our publications now have at least four articles published each week. Our editorial calendar feels quite robust!
- In the past year we have added eleven new writers and had one former writer return to PeKu. We also had one editor/writer transition to writing only, and a different writer transition from writing only to editor/writer.
As always, it has been a year of change and growth for PeKu. I continue to enjoy leading this company, as we undertake new projects and set new goals.
Happy birthday, PeKu! Here’s to another terrific year!
2 Responses to “We Are 6!”