After the blur of June, it’s not a surprise that a lot of July has been discombobulated. The first full week was abbreviated after the 3-day holiday weekend. While last week was my first normal workweek in quite some time, it also meant that there was some catching up and reconnecting to be done. Starting my second normal workweek feels good, and I’m *almost* certain what today’s date is.
Even outside of the craziness of my life, there still is a shocking aspect to PeKu’s birthday. Eight. Years. Old. This startup that I built in 2008, after deciding to leave my first career as an elementary school teacher, has been active for eight years. It’s changed in so many ways, far too many to write about here, but still is a thriving publishing company.
What does PeKu look like at 8?
- 14 articles published each week
- 3 unique publications staying vibrant
- 6 team members writing articles
- 2 team members doing engineering & design work
- 1 team member managing social media
- 1 mascot cheering us on
Other fun facts:
- All team members have been with PeKu for a minimum of 3 years.
- This was the fifth year that PeKu gave a scholarship to a graduating senior in my hometown.
- Over the past year we created an account for Your Parenting Info on Instagram, bringing our total to three accounts.
- We also created Flipboard magazines for all three publications.
Although we’re a couple weeks late, I wanted to take today to celebrate PeKu and all of the growth its made. (Be sure to return to Editorially Yours next week to see what I personally have learned. It’s bound to be exciting!)